Saturday, August 10, 2013

Another Day

It's been a couple of weeks since I sat down to write a post. Not for lack of anything to write about, but more because I've just found it hard to find time to sit and write. Life feels very busy at the moment. My project at work has been demanding of my time and with dialysis eating into my weekdays its harder to hit my schedules.

So what has gone down over the last couple of weeks in the world of my kidney disease?

1. Finally was officially added to the list at MGH.

2. My fistula blow out recovered and we started using that instead of my catheter.

3. This past week I had a bleeding issue after one of my dialysis sessions and I ended up spending 12 hours in two different E.R.s resolving the issue.

4. My body bruises now so easily that I'm covered 3" diameter bruises on my arms and legs.

5. MGH has started the process of working up the next potential donor.

6. My dialysis center is trying to figure out why I keep having these bleeding episodes.

So which of these are worthy of writing about? I could use this opportunity to remind anyone who wants to volunteer to be a kidney donor on my behalf that they will need to contact MGH directly to get that process started. If you contacted Lahey while I was under their care that no longer counts... it has to be through MGH. The number if you are interested is 617-643-7193.

I could tell you all about the person being worked up by MGH... but I'd prefer to just let that all run through until they find an actual donor... and then at that point, if I had that persons permission I would write about him or her. For now it should be enough to know that I'm so appreciative of those who have stepped up. I know this is no small favor I ask and that you would be willing to do this for me... well no words could ever truly capture what it means to me.

I could tell you about my bleeding episode but really I've told that story before... haven't I? Do you really want to hear it again? And until my dialysis center resolves the problem with the bleeding episodes I can't say much about that.

What more can I say about the bruising... it happens. I have to wear a blood pressure cuff throughout my dialysis treatments and I believe even just wearing that cuff has caused bruising.

Well that's all I've got really.

My name is Bil... and I have kidney disease.

1 comment:

  1. Best Diagnostic test for diagnosing a Kidney Stone is Non-Contrast Computerized Tomography of Kidney, Ureter & Bladder commonly called NCCT-KUB. It is simple, fast & diagnostic.

    ReplyDelete