Thursday, April 11, 2013

The Call Came In

I got the call tonight. First thing tomorrow they'll be putting me on the list. I need to call them back and go over the details but after that if you're one of the few who want to see if you're a potential donor you'll be able to go online to http://www.lahey-livingdonor.org/ and fill out the form.

In other news... most of you know I'm a hardcore atheist, right? Well I was talking to my Dad on the phone tonight and he told me that my brother plans on donating his kidney under certain conditions... including that I have to take his kidney to church on Easter Sunday. Very funny Rick.

There may be some pertinent information I need to provide for those who are filling out the form on the web site and there's a phone number too... but I'll have to add that to this post tomorrow after I speak with my coordinator.

By the way... in the event that you do fill out the form and appear to be a good candidate... my coordinator and your coordinator will be two different people. I'll be kept out of the process and will only be brought in once they know they have an actual donor. Even then I'm not sure I'll know who the donor is unless that person gives permission for me to know.

That's all I've got for tonight.

Additional info... if you prefer to talk to a person and not fill something out online... fee free to call 781-744-2500 and ask for Denise Morin.

Also... not that I'm looking for gifts... but my birthday is 072365 apparently you need this info if you're filling out the form.

Thanks

I'm Bil... and I've got kidney disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment